What painting services are guaranteed?
Guarantees offered at FinDecor are the best guarantees of the industry. As this company always uses the best products available on the market, it can ensure the durability and efficiency of the various paints it uses. Moreover, as this team of professional painters has almost 20 years of experience, it is confident of the quality of its services.
All guarantees are detailed in the written agreement that is handed to you at the beginning of the mandate. Always verify that the offered guarantees are clearly indicated. For example, the guarantee offered on the painting of a brick wall could be different from the one offered on aluminum sidings, cornices, window frames, doors and stairs. Each contract is different so ask questions!
The guarantees offered vary depending on various factors:
- The type of surface (metal, masonry, wood, PVC, and so on.)
- The substrate’s condition (in good condition, damaged or corroded)
- The age of the surface (new and nude or old and already painted)
- The paint used (Some paints are more durable and adhere better than others but are often more expensive. We always adapt to the client’s needs and budget.)
Here are, broadly speaking, the different guarantees we offer on our building painting services de. Some conditions apply. Always refer to your service contract as guarantees are subject to change without notice.
Maximum guarantees for exterior sidings painting*
3 to 5 years
Wrought iron, galvanized metal, lintels, metal and wood cornices
Aluminum wall coverings, exterior walls made of PVC, wooden horizontal sidings
stucco, bricks, roughcast, aggregate, concrete
Roofs, floors, stairs (surfaces on which we walk)
- Interior painting is always guaranteed 5 years against peeling. No matter if your walls are made of gypsum or of wood, they are guaranteed 5 years. In 20 years of experience, we have never seen paint peel except for reasons out of our control. Thus it seems impossible that the interior paint peels within 5 years. However, we do not guarantee it won’t peel due to external factors: flooding, risk of freezing, power failure, or other case of force majeure. Please note that the painting of floors and stairs are not guaranteed.
- The painting of lintels, wrought iron balconies, galvanized metal surfaces and wooden or metal cornices is typically guaranteed 3 years. The warranty period varies depending on the condition and the age of the substrate, and the products used. For new surfaces that have never been painted, the warranty will extend to up to 5 years. For wood and wrought iron, we must analyse case by case as the conditions of these surfaces may vary greatly.
- The painting of wooden horizontal coverings, aluminum façades and exterior walls made of vinyl (PVC) is guaranteed 15 years. Here too, the durability of the paint and its adherence depend greatly on the surface’s condition. The 15 years warranty applies on new materials when they are nude and it perfect conditions. However, if the surface has already been painted, we offer a warranty of 8 years in average, and if the surface is old and peels, the warranty offered goes from 2 to 5 years. Wood is a surface that does not last as long as it’s sensitive to atmospheric conditions and it absorbs moisture and mold.
- Stucco, brick, roughcast, aggregate and concrete painting are usually guaranteed for 30 years. Indeed, the painting done on masonry is usually extremely durable thanks to the excellent long-term adherence of the surface. Moreover, in order to maximise its adherence, FinDecor’s team repairs the damaged parts and thoroughly pressure washes the surface to remove completely all impurities.
Please note that for all exterior surfaces, external factors are not covered. For example, a roof that received hailstones the size of ping-pong balls is not covered.
- For the painting of roofs, floors, balconies and stairs and for the painting of all surfaces on which people walk, we usually offer at least a one year-warranty. However, it could be possible to buy an extended warranty in some cases. For example, if we apply an epoxy compound on the concrete floor of a warehouse, we can offer an extended warranty. On the contrary, a wooden dance floor won’t be as durable.
We also offer the option of purchasing an extended warranty. It can cover in some cases, capricious surfaces (wood) and flat surfaces on which we walk. Please note that there is a difference between warranty and the life expectancy of a surface. A surface guaranteed for 30 years could easily last over 40 years, depending on the use you make of it and the maintenance you put on it. Discuss it with your paint contractor during your first appointment.
*Please note that to get a guarantee, it must be indicated on your services contract. Some exceptions may apply. Moreover, warrantees are not transferable. This means that if you sell your property, the new owner is not covered.
More important than the warranty is the quality of the methods and products we use. House owners who wish to paint their property to sell it for a higher price won’t be looking for long-term quality, so they will save money on the products, but the durability won’t be the best possible and no extended warranty will be available. At FinDecor, we adapt to all types of clients.
Contact us now!